Deluxe Hip Replacement Post Surgery Kit - VAT Free
Reaching, stretching, and bending can be a challenge for us all, but after an elective surgery it can be even more difficult. We have put together a range of essential tools into one handy Deluxe Post Surgery Kit. Ideal for anyone who may have a limited range of movement, or recovering after a surgery or injury including: partial/total hip replacement surgery, knee replacement, back surgery or arthritis.
This post surgery kit will help you to reach high or low, get your socks and shoes on, and wash yourself with dignity. All while reducing the amount you will need to bend. This Deluxe Hip Kit is perfect for use longer term.
What’s included in the post surgery kit?
- Classic Pro Reacher/Grabber – Available in 2 lengths – 26″/65cm or 32″/82cm. Helps you to pick up everyday objects around the home. It also features a magnetic tip, dressing post, and non-slip grip jaw to help you carry out those everyday tasks safely and independently.
- Long Handled Shoehorn – At 21″/53cm long, this shoe horn will help you put your shoes on and off. Made from strong plastic with a contoured design making it easy to slide your foot in and out.
- Soxon Sock Aid – an easy to use sock aid for anyone struggling to reach their feet – elderly, disabled or pregnant… it’s so simple to use anyone can now put their socks and stockings on with ease without having to ask for help.
- Exfoliator Buff Sponge – Long handled bath sponge and exfoliator – wash comfortably without bending or twisting and use the exfoliating loofah helping to remove dead and dry skin all over your body, especially the back.
- Handy Carry Bag – helpful drawstring bag with carry handle. Simply store your helpful aids away when not in use.
Are you eligible for VAT relief?
HMRC states that if you are “chronically sick or disabled” you can purchase goods without VAT when purchased for your personal or domestic use. A parent, spouse or guardian can also purchase on behalf of this person and obtain VAT relief.
Physical or mental impairments, which have a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities or a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness. Goods used for your own private use only, rather than for business purposes. It cannot be used by anyone else.
Which products are eligible for the relief?
The declaration is only attached to those products with are eligible for the relief. It is only those products which have been designed for the sole use of disabled people that are eligible for the VAT relief. It is the designer or manufacturer who determines this not Story & Sons. Further information on the VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website – VAT Notice 701/7: VAT reliefs for disabled or older people. Please do not make the declaration if you are unsure – it is an offence to make a false declaration.